My hubby is recovering from a surgery and I like to spoil my family when they aren’t feeling their best. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and the only thing that sounded good to him was gravy and biscuits.
I’ll be honest, I didn’t really want to make a big mess in my kitchen with making homemade biscuits, but then I remembered I hadn’t made drop biscuits in a long time. It solves the problem because it’s quicker and all the mess is contained in your bowl.
To make drop biscuits, you will need:
2 C Self-Rising flour
6 tbsp cold butter
3 tbsp sour cream
1/2 C + 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add your butter to your flour and cut in using a pastry blender, your hands, or a food processor.
3. Add your sour cream and milk. Stir until combined. Your dough will be very sticky.
4. Lay a piece of parchment paper (or lightly grease your pan) on a cookie sheet and drop dough by the spoonfuls about 1 1/2 inches apart. I used a large cookie dough scoop and it worked beautifully.
5. Put in the center of your oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
They are rustic, light, buttery, and delicious!
*Add a handful or two of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp of chopped chives in Step 3. Would be great with stews and soups.
*Spoon macerated berries with a dollop of whipped topping over the biscuit makes an excellent dessert!