Garden Patch Salad
Leviticus 27:21 But the field, when it goeth out in the jubilee, shall be holy unto the LORD, as a field devoted; the possession thereof shall be the priest’s.
This salad is the perfect summer side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs, or barbecue. One of our viewers suggested topping off your hot dog with it, how yummy does that sound?
Summer is here, get outside and enjoy the sunshine with family and friends. Have a cookout and serve this salad and then wait for the compliments.
Have fun and be safe!
3 or 4 pickling cucumbers
3 or 4 cups cherry tomatoes
3 to 4 cups onion
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh spinach
1 to 1 1/2 cups Italian Salad Dressing (we used Olive Garden Italian Dressing found on the shelf at Sam’s)
- Slice cucumbers into thin bite size slices. I like to use the pickling cucumbers because they don’t have very many seeds and they just look pretty.
- Onions should be sliced very thin, almost to the point of transparency. This way the onions don’t overpower all the other veggies.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes just because they are so cute and don’t have very many seeds which makes your dish pretty. But you can use any type of tomato you wish. If you use a tomato with a lot of seeds make sure you “de-seed” before adding to your salad.
- Chop the spinach into pieces and add to dish. This is more for decoration as opposed to taste. So, if you wanted a little different taste you could use basil in place of the spinach. Give it all a good stirring around to get everything mixed up together.
- Pour on the Italian Dressing. We used Olive Garden Italian Dressing (found this on the shelf at Sam’s Wholesale) but you could use any type of Italian Dressing. Just remember, it will change the taste but it will still be oh so yummy.